Services | Bowne Management Systems
IT Management and Consulting
Bowne offers a full range of IT strategic consulting services. Such services include:
- Service Delivery Review: Comprehensive review of IT infrastructure functions such as network services, productivity and workgroup applications, data storage and management, security and disaster recovery, and vendor product and service contracts.
- IT Infrastructure Planning and Support: Network audits, tuning, cloud integration, and server aggregation, consolidation and virtualization.
- IT Management Consulting: IT strategic planning, capital and operating budget planning, IT audits, IT governance, and implementation of a central IT function to replace independent departmental silos, .
- IT Department Operations Assessments: Analysis of departmental operations/processes and design of recommended workflow improvements.
- User Needs Assessments: User needs assessments and change readiness analyses for GIS, records management, IT infrastructure enhancements, disaster management and other strategic IT initiatives.
- RFP Development and Vendor Procurement Support: System requirements definition, development of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and support of the vendor evaluation and procurement process.
- Applications Portfolio Strategic Planning: Assessment of common municipal application portfolios—e.g., permitting, inspections, code enforcement, workforce management—and gap analysis and implementation planning to address short and long term needs.
- GIS Program Initiatives: User needs assessment, conceptual system design, and implementation planning for launching a robust geographic information system, based on an understanding of the types of GIS services that are most valuable to municipalities and tailoring the right solution for each situation.
- Full Life Cycle Application Development: Project conception and planning, architecture application architecture and design, system requirement definition, data modeling database design, COTS integration, custom application design and development using Agile and other approaches, QA/QC, training and ongoing maintenance and support.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Management: Needs assessment and planning; design and implementation of disaster management systems and network infrastructure, database protection and preservation, disaster management testing and audits.
- Constituent Response Consulting: Pre-planning, vendor selection, project management support, and best practices for constituent response (311/211) call center initiatives.
- Federally-mandated Programs: IT and engineering consulting to address federal government requirements such as FHWA Sign Management standards and EPA Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) regulations.
- Grant Application Services: Assisting clients in developing project proposals and preparing grant applications (e.g., NYS Local Government Records Management Improvement Fund and Local Government Efficiency Grants).