Services | Bowne Management Systems
In order to make good decisions and operate and plan efficiently, any organization needs to have data available that is accurate, complete and timely enough for its needs.
Having the appropriate data available is the foundation of every successful information system and in order to establish this reliable foundation, an organization should proactively address data quality.
For almost 30 years Bowne has been helping our customers improve the quality of their data, whether it’s in a database, a geographic information system (GIS), spreadsheets, scanned documents or some other form.
Each customer’s needs are unique and each organization needs to tackle quality in different ways. We offer an appropriate mix of services to address their unique situation – this can include any of the following:
- Perform an assessment of the organization’s needs
- Develop data and/or conversion specifications
- Compile a quality plan—the focus can range from a single organizational process or function to enterprise-wide
- Embed appropriate quality control (QC) review within an organizational process
- Perform a independent quality assurance (QA) review of data
- Fix deficiencies found in either online of offline mode
- Enhance or integrate existing datasets
- Develop or enhance existing data models
We utilize the following industry standards for specifying and measuring data quality, as appropriate:
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- Dublin Core Metadata Initiative (DCMI)
- Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) for geospatial data
- International Standards Organization (ISO)
Bowne has implemented a Quality Management System that complies with the requirements of the ISO 9001:2008 standard